Home   |   Site Map   



EB-2 Employment-Based Immigrant Visas (Green Cards)

The EB-2 category is for advanced-degree holders and aliens of extraordinary ability:

EB-2 – Advanced Degree Professionals

  • Master’s Degree or higher, or foreign equivalent degree
  • Labor certification required (except Schedule A workers)

EB-2A – Exceptional Ability

    • No degree required
    • Labor certification required (except Schedule A workers)
    • Exceptional ability in sciences, arts or business

EB-2B – National Interest Waiver

    • No labor certification required
    • No job offer required
    • Position has intrinsic merit and would benefit the national interest


  • No labor certification requirement for National Interest Waiver and Schedule A workers;
  • Visa number is immediately available (priority date is current according to the Visa Bulletin); and
  • The I-140 Petition (Petition for Alien Worker) and I-485 (Adjustment Application) can be filed concurrently.

Other types of employment-based visas are also available. Please also visit the rest of our website to see other ways to obtain a green card to live in the United States.


   © Copyright 2004 - 2021 Cayer Dyson Law, P.C.      All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited | Website Disclaimer